10-1073 CASUAL STUDENT - CAMP LEADER - APRIL BREAK
The City of Iqaluit is looking for current high school or post-secondary students to work as Camp Leaders this April Break! Interest and experience?! See below for more information!
Title: Casual Student – Camp Leader – April Break
Reference #: 10-1073
Dates: Training: Saturday, March 30 and Saturday, April 6, 2019
Day Camp: Tuesday, April 9 to Thursday, April 18, 2019
Hours: Approximately 35 hours per week
Salary: $25.85 per hour + 6%
Union Status: Unionized
Closing Date: Open until filled
This employment opportunity is open to current high school or post-secondary students who reside in Iqaluit with the exception of those away for school.
Day Camp Leaders are responsible for providing a positive and safe environment for campers through the planning and leading of children’s activities that fit into an established day camp format. Activities include arts & crafts, drama, songs and sports.
You will be leading activities for campers aged 6 through 12 and responsible for the overall safety of 10-12 campers in organized activities and the developing of new skills. You will oversee before and after-care programs, maintain accurate records and follow up details, as well as maintain the cleaniness of the facility and work/play area.
- Current Student (High School or Post-secondary)
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff, parents, and camp participants
- Current First Aid & CPR certification is preferred
- Experience working with children in a recreational setting is preferred
- Day Camp experience is preferred
- “High Five” certification is preferred
- Ability to speak Inuktitut or French is a definite asset
It is a requirement of this position to provide TB test results as well as an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check. It is recommended these are requested at time of application due to the processing times of these documents.
Please email your resume and credentials quoting Reference # to: email@example.com
Human Resources, City of Iqaluit www.city.iqaluit.nu.ca
PO Box 460 Phone: 867.979.5619
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Iqaluit embraces the intent and spirit of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit; Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive consideration under this agreement
- Only those selected to interview will be contacted