2017-17 Junior Day Camp Leaders
Summer Student Employment Opportunity
Junior Day Camp Leaders
The City of Iqaluit Recreation Department is looking for enthusiastic Junior Day Camp Leaders who enjoy working with children. The Junior Day Camp Leader is responsible for assisting the Day Camp Leaders with overseeing, planning and leading children’s activities that fit into an established day camp format. Activities include songs, drama, sports, arts and crafts and working as a team member in all areas of camp.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily activities
- Assist the with sports programs
- Assist in organizing special events
- Ability to inspire co-workers and create a positive group atmosphere.
- Oversee before and after care program.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean facility, and work/play area.
- Criminal Reference
- Tuberculosis Screening
- Ability to speak Inuktitut and English
Prior experience working with children and a current First Aid & CPR certification is an asset but not essential.
Due to the nature of this position, successful candidates must successfully pass a criminal record check and TB test, including the vulnerable sector section.
Due to the funding requirements for this position, all applicants MUST be Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
The starting pay rate for this position is: $15.00 per hour + 6% vacation pay
Please send your resume to:
P.O. Box 460
Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.