2017-21 Community Economic Development Officer
Community Economic Development Officer
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the incumbent will direct, administer, and organize all matters pertaining to Community Economic Development in Iqaluit. You will assess and direct the City’s program needs and interests of the community. You will also work closely with other business development interest groups. As well the incumbent would be responsible for seeking alternative sources of funding for City wide projects and programs.
Education, Skills, & Knowledge:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Community Economic Development, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in community and economic development, marketing and public relations leadership skills;
- Ability to identify and promote community economic development initiatives;
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills;
- Excellent written communications skills including concise report writing;
- Effective negotiation and mediation skills;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe;
- The ability to communicate in English and Inuktitut is a definite asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced political environment.
Equivalencies that include a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education may be considered.
Due to the nature of this position, successful candidates must successfully pass a criminal record check.
The salary will commensurate with experience. The City of Iqaluit also offers an excellent benefits package plus an excellent benefits package.
Please send your Resume to:
Reference # 2017-21
P.O. Box 460
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As per Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.