2017-22 Lead-Hand Municipal Truck Driver - Sewer
Lead-Hand Municipal Truck Driver - Sewer
Internal/External Employment Opportunity
Under the direction of the Municipal Services Foreman, the incumbent will assist with the day-to-day operations of Municipal Services. The Lead Hand will ensure the effective and efficient delivery of regularly scheduled Sewer services to the community; The incumbent will assist the Foreman in the Supervisory role, this includes; monitoring staff daily, payroll, scheduling, staffing issues and employee relations. As well as handling customer complaints in a tactful and professional manner and taking initiative to solve problems that are within the scope of this position.
- Must have a Class 3 Nunavut Driver’s License with airbrakes endorsement with a clear driving abstraction
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to make decisions independently when required
- Must be reliable and willing to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be an experienced and confident Driver/Operator
- Must have comprehensive English reading, writing skills and computer skills with the ability to communicate in Inuktitut
- Knowledge and aptitude for equipment operation and maintenance
- Previous supervisory experience of 2-5 years, including disciplining and managing staff is an asset
- Previous experience in training Municipal Truck Drivers is an asset.
Due to the nature of this position, successful candidates must successfully pass a criminal record check.
The starting salary for this position is $58,807.11 per annum plus Housing/Settlement allowance of $20,907.43 and an excellent benefits package.
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Reference # 2017-22
P.O Box 460
As per Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.
The City of Iqaluit may apply their priority hiring policy for internal applicants.
We will only contact those invited for an interview.