2017-28 Utilidor Maintenance Foreman
Utilidor Maintenance Foreman
Reporting to the Water & Sewer Systems Manager this position is responsible to ensure the continuing operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems and Utilidor buildings in accordance with ongoing objectives of Council and the department of Public Works and Engineering. This position will also monitor the performance of private contractors and consultants involved in work on the water and sewer systems or building maintenance and convey and concerns to the Manager.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Eligible for membership to the Nunavut WA as a level II water treatment plant operator;
- Must have a good working knowledge of water distribution systems
- Must be able to plan and execute small construction projects
- Ability to communicate and work with local contractors on a daily basis
- Must be able to provide daily reports on equipment and building status and have a working knowledge of local codes and bylaws
- The ability to speak Inuktitut will be considered an asset.
Equivalencies that include a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education may be considered.
Please provide copies of your current credentials and any certifications you possess with your application.
The salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. The City of Iqaluit also offers an excellent benefits package.
Please submit your application to:
Reference # 2017-28
City of Iqaluit
P.O. Box 460
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Telephone (867) 975-8506 Fax (867) 979-5210
We will only contact those who are invited for an interview.
The City of Iqaluit may apply their internal hiring policy for internal applicants.
As per article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.