2017-34 Recreation Guest Services Associates
Casual Employment Opportunity
Recreation Guest Services Associates
The Recreation Guest Services Associate will be the first point of contact for customers. They will provide the public with information on recreational opportunities and activities. They will take Aquatic Centre bookings, program and membership registrations and payments. This position acts as a general receptionist and performs a variety of clerical duties for the Aquatic Centre. They will have a general understanding of the Recreation Department operations and be familiar with City recreation programs and services and answer customer inquiries. This position also assists with fundraising and events.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with computers. Knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Proficient in typing
- Experience scheduling or taking bookings
- Experience in customer service delivery
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff. Must be friendly and respectful to all internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required
- Must have a demonstrated good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to complete clerical task (e.g. completing forms, organizing files)
- Self-motivated requiring minimum supervision
- Valid CPR C and First Aid Certificate
- Ability to speak Inuktitut is an asset
- Lifesaving Society Bronze Medallion is an asset
Equivalencies that include a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education may be considered.
The hourly rate for this position is $28.00 plus settlement allowance is $11.48 per hour.
Please send your resume to:
P.O. Box 460
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Only those eligible for an interview will be contacted.
The City reserves the right to apply its internal hiring policy to this position. As per Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.
Posted: May 05, 2017