10-1034 Summer Student Employment Opportunity Summer Day Camp Leaders
Summer Student Employment Opportunity
Summer Day Camp Leaders
The City of Iqaluit Recreation Department is looking for enthusiastic Summer Day Camp Leaders. Summer Day Camp Leaders are responsible for overseeing, planning and leading children’s activities that fit into an established day camp format. Activities include songs, drama, sports, arts and crafts and working as a team member in all areas of camp. Time commitment involves working Monday-Friday for approximately 35 hours per week for 9 weeks (June 25-August 24, 2018).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall safety of 10-12 campers on a daily basis
- Ability to inspire co-workers and create a positive group atmosphere
- Providing direction and guidance to campers both in organized activities and the learning of new skills
- Oversee before and after care program
- Maintain accurate program records and follow up details
- Ensure a positive and safe environment for campers
- Responsible for maintaining a clean facility and work/play area
- Student (must be 15 years of age or older)
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner
- Clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing
Preferred Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Day camp experience
- Experience working with children in a recreational setting
- Ability to speak Inuktitut or French
- “High Five” Certification
The pay rate for this position is $25.84 per hour plus applicable benefits.
CLOSING DATE: June 15, 2018
Please submit your resume to:
Reference # 10-1034
P.O. Box 460
Iqaluit Nunavut X0A 0H0
Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
As per Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.