REC-LGSI-1117 Lifeguard Swim Instructor
Aquatic Centre - 7 Month Term Lifeguard Swim Instructor
Reporting to the Aquatics Program Supervisor, the Lifeguard Swim Instructor is responsible for supervision and control of activities, safety standards, providing high quality customer service and cleanliness of the aquatic facility. The Lifeguard Swim Instructor is responsible for supervision of the guests in the pool area while on shift and expected to exercise mature judgement in carrying out lifeguarding and instructing duties. They will teach a wide variety of swim programs and perform rescues and first aid as required.
- National Lifeguard Service Award
- Must be a minimum of 17 years of age
- Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor
- First Aid and CPR (c)
- Vision Requirement; candidates will, at the discretion of the City of Iqaluit, confirm vision standard of minimum 20/25 corrected
- Must be able to perform skills to the NLS standard.
Preferred Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Completion of Grade 10
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must be able to maintain the required certifications
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including daytime, evenings and weekends and split shifts.
- Knowledge and experience in working as part of a team.
- Must have demonstrated good attendance and punctuality.
The following awards are considered an asset:
Pool Operations level 1, First Aid and CPR Instructor, High Five (PCD), Aquafit certification (CALA, Canfit, waterart), NCCP coaching level 1.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate must submit a clear criminal reference check with the vulnerable sector and evidence of a clear TB test at the time of application.
The Lifeguard/Swim Instructor must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week to a maximum of 35 hours per week.
The starting pay rate for this position is: $28.00 per hour plus applicable benefits
Please submit your resume and copies of qualifications by email or in person to:
P.O. Box 460
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Fax: (867) 979-5210
Competition # REC-LGSI-1117
We will only contact those who are invited for an interview
The City of Iqaluit may apply their priority hiring policy for internal applicants.
As per article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.