Many of Iqaluit's recreation facilities are multi-purpose and offer a range of programming. Our facilites include:
- Iqaluit Aquatic Centre (Lap Pool, Leisure Pool, Saunas, Hot Tub and Fitness Centre.)
- Arctic Winter Games Arena (October-May)
- Arnaitok Arena
- Arctic Winter Games Indoor Sports Field (May-September)
- Curling rink (October-April)
- One baseball diamond
- Nine playgrounds
- Elder's Qammaq
- Abe Okpik Hall
- Makkuttukkuvik Youth Centre
Recreation Facility Rentals
The Recreation Department rents its facilities to individuals and groups to provide opportunities for physical activity, healthy living and to build a sense of community. Rates for each vary and can be found on the links above for each individual space.
Tables, chairs, staging, and porta-potties are also available for rental for events.
For facility or equipment rentals or more information, contact the Recreation reception centre, open Monday-Friday from 1:00-5:30pm. The reception centre is located at the Arctic Winter Games Complex.
Phone: 867 979-5611